FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about

+7
Pattum
CTgirl22AKAJenX
rileyb
KinNC
jeano
Staci
Claudi
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about

Post by KinNC Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:10 pm

Okay...I've mentioned on another thread that I've missed a lot here... but "Beaver's home"!!! In an angry voice!

LOL...I'm rolling here. Just thinking about saying beaver's home in an angry voice will take away the anger.

Instead of Paul's Doves, we need to be beavers.

KinNC
Members

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 Empty Re: Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about

Post by jeano Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:08 am

Kin, I think we could get into trouble with that. I am with Staci, I always say dam. I figure a lot of people think I cannot spell. I know dam well how to spell it but think this sounds much better and looks much better.

HI Prince Paul, let us know your take on Sex and the City!!
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:11 am

I have to tattle on myself. Today at work I had to type up a document and the man's name I was typing was Byron. When I went back to proof read I had typed Byrom every single time. I must have the Swanky One on my mind or was that on my i-pod?!?! Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 156747

Last edited by KarenB! on Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:17 am

KarenB! wrote:I have to tattle on myself. Today at work I had to type up a document and the man's name I was typing was Byron. When I when back to proof read I had typed Byrom every single time. I must have the Swanky One on my mind or was that on my i-pod?!?! Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 156747

LOL
Staci
Staci
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ncctfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:12 pm

I am a Byrom Babe and proud of it. BTW, anything more on Pauls site or merchandise, I want my Byrom Babe shirt!!!!!! I will wear it proudly!!!
Paul really is a Sweetie and I feel like a proud Mama whenever I see him.
HAPPY PAUL BYROM DAY!!!

Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 989443
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 pm

jeano wrote:I am a Byrom Babe and proud of it. BTW, anything more on Pauls site or merchandise, I want my Byrom Babe shirt!!!!!! I will wear it proudly!!!
Paul really is a Sweetie and I feel like a proud Mama whenever I see him.
HAPPY PAUL BYROM DAY!!!

Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 989443

nothing new, but he said August right? We have another month to wait - and we know how the Irish like to make us wait. Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 343184
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:20 pm

But did he say which August.... 2010, 2011, 2012......

Back to top Go down

Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 Empty re: thoughts on Paul

Post by rileyb Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Paul makes me laugh, I love anyone who can do that! I think that he has a huge heart, when you think of the charity work he does for the people of India, and how much he loves his niece and nephew. Then, there's the " voice! " I get chills when Paul hits one of those high notes, like at the end of You Raise Me Up. WOW! If you read this Paul, you da man! Happy Swanky Tenor Day!

rileyb
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:36 pm

KarenB! wrote:But did he say which August.... 2010, 2011, 2012......

well there is that. I did send him a note to ask. Hopefully he will respond. I probably should have included this thread, but I do try to keep my messages to him to a minimum, he gets enough stuff from the other fans.
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CTgirl22AKAJenX Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Paul is a sweetheart ^_^ i love him and i hope this year at the fall tour i can meet him he is next on my list to meet him and Damo and Declan then i met em all except Brenden and the girls but someday i will meet them to Smile i hope... but ya i got a fan letter response from Paul it was awseome i was just like affraid when i got done reading it Smile
CTgirl22AKAJenX
CTgirl22AKAJenX
Members

http://www.myspace.com/purplegoblin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Cyndy and I were just talking about the Thunder Bay show when Paul gave me his exaggerated wink when I missed the first one (when he saw my welcome sign). How many entertainers would do something twice to make sure you saw it. Paul was fabulous that night. We haven't stopped talking about it yet and likely won't for a while.

I really wish we could have met them after the show but maybe someday the powers that be will realize we need some sort of opportunity for Canadians that doesn't involve an American TV station.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:15 pm

Pattum wrote:

I really wish we could have met them after the show but maybe someday the powers that be will realize we need some sort of opportunity for Canadians that doesn't involve an American TV station.

I agree. I too would like an opportunity that doesn't involve American TV and I'm an American!! I won't pledge to PBS so therefore no matter how much I love and support Celtic Thunder I will never be able to get a meet and greet ticket. Maybe I'll have to "Go Standing On A Corner Watching All The Boys Go By". That maybe the only way I'll ever meet one of the men of Celtic Thunder.

karen

Last edited by KarenB! on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 am

Having to go through PBS does limit the possibilities to people who live in the areas that the PBS station thinks it covers. One problem is that many of the stations are played on cable in areas they are nowhere near. My problem in trying to get M&G for a trip to the U.S. was that the PBS wouldn't accept my payment in spite of the fact that they claim they would.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 am

Pattum wrote:Having to go through PBS does limit the possibilities to people who live in the areas that the PBS station thinks it covers. One problem is that many of the stations are played on cable in areas they are nowhere near. My problem in trying to get M&G for a trip to the U.S. was that the PBS wouldn't accept my payment in spite of the fact that they claim they would.

That can be tough, Some stations aren't equipped to receive foriegn money. Which might have been the issue.

Remember that each station is locally 'owned' and operated - they aren't like big network stations which can be owned by some national conglomerate that doesn't care what is being aired. Many by universities or the community. We are lucky in this day of the internet that we have the option of donating online to a station that is not near us. I am not trying to defend PBS and their actions with CT, but defend it as a whole because they will always need our money to operate. I give to the local station because I know that with out my money their programming would suffer - they wouldn't be able to provide the quality education programming I grew up with as a former educator that is important to me - Celtic Thunder is just the icing. Also my local pbs station shows programming that is locally produced, by friends of mine, it keeps them employed, that is important to me if their grants aren't renewed more people go with out. Anyway, that is just my .02 and I say this about PBS all the time, even before CT existed - I still remember recovering from Gall Bladder surgery and watching Mr. Rogers in the mornings because it was something less offensive than Jerry Springer, since I couldn't really move from the sofa. TV on and off were about all I could handle for three days.
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:14 am

That's all fine and good for the people who have access to PBS benefits but still unfair to everyone else, especially those who are in different countries. How would you feel if there were meet and greets in your town but nobody who lives in town could go to them? It is only open to people from another country. That's what has happened to a lot of us. Why can we not have some arrangment to meet the lads when they are in our towns?
The foreign money thing was sort of the issue in one instance for me. They would have been receiving U.S. funds but would not accept any way of payment I could access.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Pattum that is the agreement Sharon has worked out. She has been looking for an outlet like PBS in Canada for two years. If Canada has a public Television outlet like the US's PBS she will happily hook up with them and do the same thing. She asked about it a long time ago. It is her way of trying to give back to each and every local community that Celtic Thunder visits.

I guess at this point I should also actually note that I don't pledge enough to get CT tickets ever. I have a basic membership with my local PBS station, being on a very tight budget it is all I can afford. I have gone in with a friend on their pledge tickets in the past. This year if I get any I will be sitting with the masses, but that isn't even a for sure thing I am not up for travelling this year.
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:00 pm

I know we can all speculate about the meet & greets and tickets though PBS and we won't solve anything, we don't have any power or say so in the matter. I would like to see something done in Canadian cities and US cities without PBS so that more fans have direct access to the men of Celtic Thunder. Since the PBS stations are given a certain number of tickets to use as premiums why not do the same thing in the other cities with a charity. Pick a charity and give them the tickets to sell as fund raisers. They could choose a Boys & Girls club, Rotary club, or a Children's Hospital's uncompensated care fund. There are a lot of charities that could greatly benefit. A radio station could help get the word out about such an opportunity and that would get more attention for CT on the radio and into more of the community. I actually know very few people in my area that watch or pledge to PBS but they all listen to the radio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 pm

Staci, you're misunderstanding me. I have no problem with PBS having meet and greets in the U.S. venues. I have no problem with PBS having meet and greets in Canadian venues that are in their viewing areas. I have a problem with Canadians being unable to get meet and greets for Canadian venues in a large number of cases. I would support the PBS that I see except for the fact that that PBS doesn't consider me in their viewing area.
Sharon needs to talk to representatives of Canadian local television stations to find out how the Canadian system works. It's not quite the same as the U.S. one.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:29 pm

Sharon is interested in doing the same thing in Canada with a public broadcasting system. But Canada doesn't have the same sort of thing. She asked fans early on about it, no one has ever given her info, if you have info give it to her. She doesn't want to go the national network that is like the US the system though she wants something like the US PBS system. So whatever stations you have that would air Celtic Woman, Sesame Street other shows like that that is where she wants to air CT in Canada and offer the same sort of deal.
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:48 pm

I don't have any specific information. Sharon has been in Toronto where the Ontario TVO is based. I believe that our stations like PBS are provincial but haven't a clue if they are interconnected in any way. Like I said, she needs to talk to her contact in some of the cities because they would know. Our entire network system is different from the U.S. one.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:50 pm

so far she has been told there isn't anything at all like what the US has in Canada. So anything you have is more than what she has been given.
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:11 am

TVO does have special programs content but I have no idea what the specs are. It is not the same as PBS but I think might be the closest thing we have. Sharon should be asking media people in Toronto. They are the ones who would know if anything at all exists.

If we don't have anything that fits her ideas, Sharon should maybe look at other possibilities.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Paul makes me laugh, I love anyone who can do that! I think that he has a huge heart, when you think of the charity work he does for the people of India, and how much he loves his niece and nephew. Then, there's the " voice! " I get chills when Paul hits one of those high notes, like at the end of You Raise Me Up. WOW! If you read this Paul, you da man!

This is was Riley wrote on pg 2 and I couldn't agree more. This young man has it all!!
I fell in love with that voice first and the rest just followed. I know I bug him a lot, messages and comments, but I try to keep it short and not ramble.

I am just proud to have met him and to know him a little.

jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:54 pm

I agree with Riley totally. Paul is one of my favourite people, the man himself not just the image or the voice.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by waloco1 Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I've always loved Paul's voice and stage presence but after meeting him I was totally blown away at how sweet he really was. I was even more shocked when I actually received a letter from him. He will always be one of my favorite entertainers and even though I have more artist's that I really like they aren't even in his league. Thoughts and all other things about Paul you wanna share and talk about - Page 2 Icon_sunny

Wan

waloco1
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next