FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting Paul

+2
jeano
Claudi
6 posters

Go down

Meeting Paul Empty Meeting Paul

Post by Claudi Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Well as some of you know I met Paul in Dublin and spent two wonderful hours with him having tea and scones. We were talking about so many things, from CT and his solo plans to things I should visit in Dublin. We compared driving a car in Ireland and in Germany and he comitted to me that he got some points for driving too fast. Meeting Paul 156747 I had a great time and I would like to know how it was for you to meet Paul. What did you talk about? What was he like? I always force Laura to tell me everything when she met him at a show or at a PBS station, but here are even more Byrom Babes who met him. I'm so courious, cause I still perfectly know how nervous I was and how fast my heart was beating when I spotted him in Grafton Street on the way to the hotel where we were supposed to meet. I really thought I would swoon. Meeting Paul 80789
Please feel free to share all your secrets with us! Meeting Paul Icon_biggrin
Claudi
Meeting Paul 343184
Claudi
Claudi
Members

http://www.celticthunderfans.de

Back to top Go down

Meeting Paul Empty RE: Meeting Paul

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:20 am

I met Paul for probably 10 seconds in November 2009 in Seattle. I had bought his Christmas CD before the concert. Then after the concert I went out to the lobby to get his autograph and there was a sea of people in line already. When I finally got up to meet him I couldn’t say anything I had lost my voice during the concert. All I could squeak out was Thank You the concert was great. He asked about my voice. I told him I came in with a voice but I must have left it in the auditorium. He just grinned, that’s the picture I wish I had taken. I would have liked to ask him for a hug but being the shiest person on the planet just asking him if I could take his picture took the last of my courage. I had a new camera phone and didn’t get the most flattering photo of him, now it’s the wallpaper on my phone. My family is still amazed that I had the courage to stand in line and talk as much as I did. Maybe next time I’ll get 20 seconds with Paul and maybe even time to share a hug with him.

Karen ♥️x♥️

Back to top Go down

Meeting Paul Empty Re: Meeting Paul

Post by Claudi Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:33 am

Oh yeah, I remember that grin too. Isn't it just cute? Meeting Paul 80789
And don't be afraid to ask him for a hug, he wouldn't say no, I think he likes it. Meeting Paul Icon_biggrin
Claudi
Claudi
Members

Back to top Go down

Meeting Paul Empty RE: Meeting Paul

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Paul + cute grin = *sigh* Meeting Paul 80789

Karen ♥️x♥️

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Well, I was on the cruise and met Paul a couple of times but short meetings. This is my funniest one.

It was our only day and night of rough waters. I don't drink but decided that evening to go up to the Crow's Nest which is a bar amongst other things. First I got lost and went to the back of the ship, I was always going the wrong way. As I said, these were rough seas so I was trying to hold on but bouncing off the walls. I finally decided to give up as I couldn't find the place, then discovered I was just around the corner from it but decided by then I didn't want to go in. Not a soul around so I rang for the elevator, the door opened and there he was, Paul, the only one on the elevator, in all his glory in a beautiful suit!!!! I don't know who was startled the most but Paul got off, looked and me and asked if I was all right. As always, I am tongue tied when I am near him and I said I am fine, just staggering around!! He looked at me funny, not sure what he said but walked away and turned into the bar area. Oh, did that man look good!!
Talk about feeling like an idiot!!! Embarassed I got into the elevator and went down to my room, not daring to go into the bar.
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm very lucky to have met Paul numerous times, and I have to say that he continues to impress me with his endearing openness, always willing to share a little insight and/or story about himself. The other thing that strikes me most is his quick mind and wit. That man is a laugh a minute and I, for one, fully appreciate the vast range in his sense of humor.
~Laura~

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudi Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:56 am

Jean, this story is so cute!! I would have loved to see your both faces. If I had been you I guess my jaw would have dropped and hit the ground.
I don't know how I would react if I would meet him accidentally. Would I be tongue tied? When I met him it was appointed, so I new and could prepare. I remember walking down Grafton Street and asking myself: do I recognise him? I had never seen him before in person only on my computer. And don't look people different in normal life than on tv? Thinking about it I looked to my right and there was a guy standing there and I knew him instantly. This was an incredible moment.
Claudi
Claudi
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Claudi, that must have been a wonderful experience. I think Paul and the rest of the guys look better in person. You must have been so thrilled. To have him for a full two hours, only the two of you. Swoon
I have no idea what the expression on my face was but must have been something if he asked if I was all right. lol
How lucky are we!! That man is really gorgeous, from the inside out.

Yes Laura, he is funny. When he had his concert on the ship, I don't think he sang two song back to back, as in between each song he was doing his standup comedian thing and he is soooooo funny!!!! He is so relaxed on stage, like he was born to it.

Can you tell I am a Byrom Babe Very Happy I have loved him since I first heard his voice and then saw the man.
But remember, I am a mother and grandmother, when I say I love Paul, I do, but I am not in love with him. Big difference.
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by LisaM Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:08 pm

Hi! I'm Lisa... Byrom Babe through and through!

Karen, I also met Paul after the Seattle show last November. He was so dapper in his kilt and I was pleased with how personable he was, taking a moment to say something to each person standing in line to meet him. My picture with him would have been perfect if I hadn't.... BLINKED! That's right! Once in a lifetime chance and I blinked!

I met him again after the second night's show. Paul changed into a pink shirt from Hollister and was cracking jokes as he walked through the lobby. PBS would not allow the fans to get their picture taken with him this time, but let us take pictures of Paul alone (which he graciously consented to). So, I missed my chance to get a picture with my eyes OPEN! Ha, ha. The line wasn't too long, and maybe to compensate for the fact that we couldn't take our pictures with him, he took extra time to chat with every single person. He shook my hand and looked at me for awhile before asking, "We've met before, haven't we?" Oh.My.Gosh. What are the chances of that, seeing that I had only spoken one sentence to him the previous night? We joked a bit and he told me that he was taking some good memories of Seattle back home. Then he wrote, "To Lisa" on my CD and signed, "Love, Paul Byrom."

Lastly, my teenage daughter told him that he did "an amazing job" that night. Paul seemed genuinely humbled and touched. He looked at her and said, "Why thank you, Darlin'!"

I love it how Paul is so accessible to his fans and so grateful to them. The CT guys are so "real" and demonstrate true Irish hospitality. I hope that never changes no matter how great the success.

LisaM
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudi Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:55 am

Lisa, thanks for sharing your story. I hope you get another chance to get your picture with him and your eyes open.
He is indeed graceful and with kids he is awesome. I remember a little boy came running around our couch when we were sitting in the tea room and he was looking at us, just standing there and looking at us and Paul was so cute. He said 'hello' to this little boy and asked him about his name but the little one was too shy to say anything. And if my heart hadn't already belonged to Paul completely after this cute scene it would have.
Meeting Paul 989443
Claudi
Claudi
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:26 pm

I haven't really shared. Plus I can share tid bits that I haven't been able to share elsewhere.

I first Met Paul in Albany, NY Oct 30, 2008 and then again in Nov of the same year. A friend had invited me up to see the show since her husband couldn't use the ticket as he was busy with a work thing. But here is the fun part. Since my friend lives in Coooperstown we all decided to spend the night in Albany so they booked a hotel, as we drove around the corner to the hotel there were Busses! We parked and went in to check in. Neil and Zara were in the Lobby waiting with the road manager to check out. So we all introduced ourselves and waited to check in. After checking in we went up to our room and bumped into more cast. If only I had flown in the night before.
Meeting Paul 343184
On to the show. So Saw the show, loved it. We have all seen it. Mesmerized. I should state I don't have a southern accent when I am not at home, even though I have lived in the south for nearly 20 years so I sounded like I was Canadian up in NY. We had meet and greets for after the show. We were ushered to our spot and waited, initially Sharon had told us it was going to be George and Keith - when we talked to her during intermission - but out came and Paul and Damian. I think Damian was asked to come out because his moderator was there. I think Shams had talked to Sharon a little later and convinced her to send out Paul as she had some things up her sleeve for him. (wax lips and a kissing lesson book as I recall). Being the fragile southern belle that I am I was absolutely freezing. The arena had only been covered by a thin layer of plywood and the hockey ice underneath that was COLD. So a lot of things did fly by that evening, but I do remember asking Paul why he insisted on pushing his socks down, and he mumbled something about it hurting the hair on his legs. I had my pictures taken, we got hugs and then we headed out to find brothers and spouses.

In November it was right after Ryan's birthday. So I knew Ryan would be there and out came Paul. We shook hands and got the kiss on the cheek, I didn't wash my cheek for like hours! I had had a long day working so I was a little tired, when our turn came I remember Paul asking, while Ryan signed my shirt, how I came to be down in Charlotte, and my friend Shan laughing at my response, because my southern drawl came out a lot thicker than normal as I said "I live here in North (more like Nawth) Carolina." Even Sharon laughed. Pictures were taken. I didn't realize why Cleo had moved back until we got back to the car. I was also able to meet Barry and Conor.
Staci
Staci
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ncctfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:30 pm

I am wondering why no one has said anything about meeting Paul during this tour. I love to hear the stories about him and all the guys but especially Paul cause he can be so funny at times.

I have not had my one and only M&M yet so would love to hear about some of the others.
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:03 pm

jeano wrote:I am wondering why no one has said anything about meeting Paul during this tour. I love to hear the stories about him and all the guys but especially Paul cause he can be so funny at times.

I have not had my one and only M&M yet so would love to hear about some of the others.

Good question. There were a few reports on the facebook fan page wall. I haven't seen many recaps about him in a meet and greet either. I know he has been in a few of them. Wink
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by orinocoflow Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:32 am

Love reading these Smile
Didn't get a chance to meet him, although if I hadn't been so shy I would have last October. After the show we were walking back to our car and saw a group of Thunderheads standing by the buses. However, I had read about how he did not like having people come up since others had paid for M&M's, so I walked on. Just as we were rounding the corner, I heard cheering as someone came out. Even so, I walked on. Then, we had to drive by to leave, and I finally got the courage to go up, thinking, "What is the chance of seeing them again?"
So I went up and managed to meet Ryan, Keith, and George, but Paul was the one who had come out first and was already in the bus. After getting autographs from Keith and Ryan, I turned to Paul and lifted his CD for him to see, hoping he would come out, but he didn't, just shook his head and smiled when he saw me. Amazing smile, by the way, but meeting him would have been better. And since there had not been a lot of people around when he came out, maybe I would have gotten a signature on the CD. Oh well, fingers crossed for solo tour!

Jeano--he did a stand-up routine at the cruise?

orinocoflow
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by remembermeoz Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:08 am

I haven,t met Paul,YET, but I hope to when he comes to Melbourne, Australia the trouble is no dates have been posted yet. I just love reading the stories though from other babes that have met him.I can imagine I would be so nervous and my heart would be racing and I would probably get all tongue tied just like a teenager.Wish me luck everybody, that I will be sucessful in tracking him down once the guys hit Australia.Oh, also that I don,t embarrass myself by getting tongue tired,because believe me I am way pass the age to do so, but to met Paul would be a dream come true.

Last edited by remembermeoz on Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

remembermeoz
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:09 am

remembermeoz wrote:I haven,t met Paul,YET, but I hope to when he comes to Melbourne, Australia the trouble is no dates have been posted yet. I just love reading the stories though from other babes that have met him.I can imagine I would be so nervous and my heart would be racing and I would probably get all tongue tied just like a teenager.Wish me luck everybody, that I will be sucessful in tracking him down once the guys hit Australia.Oh, also that I don,t embarrass myself by getting tongue tired,because believe me I am way pass the age to do so, but to met Paul would be a dream come true.

When they come to Oz at the end of March it is just for a quick promo tour

http://lifefm1079.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/celtic-thunder-coming-soon-to-life-fm/

Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Rosie, it was in between songs that he did his jokes and skits and believe me, that man could get a job just doing that.

I guess we did have him all to ourselves for one show. The man was born for the stage, he is so at home there.

Meeting Paul 989443
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down