FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review From Binghampton. October 03 2008

Go down

Review From Binghampton. October 03 2008 Empty Review From Binghampton. October 03 2008

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:28 am

FROM THE BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY PUBLICATION, PIPE DREAM
Celtic Thunder storms the Arena
Originally Published October 03, 2008
By Lauren Roulette

Weather forecast for Oct. 3: Cloudy (obviously, we are in Binghamton) with some definite thunder. But don’t worry, this thunder won’t make your power go out or scare you. This is a special type never before seen in the United States — Celtic Thunder.
Celtic Thunder, a performance group of five men from Ireland and Scotland, will kick off its first U.S. tour at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena this Friday, Oct. 3. The men, of varying ages and musical backgrounds, are set to play 50 dates touching every corner of the country. Release had a chance to chat with Celtic Thunder’s Paul Byrom about the band’s first visit to the United States, fans and beer.
Release: What are you excited to do when you come to the United States?
Paul Byrom: We’re all regular, average guys so therefore sports would be high on the agenda. Meeting college students is also high on the agenda. (Laughs) Basically, we want to get a sample of American life. I would love to see a football game.
Release: Why is the tour starting in Binghamton?
PB: They are giving us the theater a few days prior to the gig. It gives a chance to rehearse and get settled in before the show.
Release: Who are some of your major influences?
PB: I like things that are a little bit old-school. I like the [Rolling] Stones, Stevie Wonder, Tony Bennett. I have a wide taste in music.
Release: What is the biggest venue you have ever played?
PB: You have to remember that this is our first tour as a group. When we filmed the DVD, we played at the Helix in Dublin, which is one of our larger theaters. With this tour coming up, I feel like we’re going to get a sampling of large venues very quickly.
Release: Where are you excited to play on this tour?
PB: Personally speaking, I’m a huge New York fan. I came over here during my first year in college. I’m really excited to play Radio City. It’s one of those dream gigs. As a singer or performer of any form, getting to do Radio City for two nights for full crowds. I mean, that’s kind of the highlight for me.
Release: Do you have any crazy or funny fan stories?
PB: We love all of our fans — none of them are crazy. It’s kind of funny. It’s overwhelming. Like for example, myself and Ryan had a fan come up to us that had bought the CD. She was kind of shaking and she was overwhelmed just meeting us. We’re coming to terms with that ourselves. It’s great. Some of the stuff that’s sent in fan mail is quite funny. I got a big box of ChapStick from a group of girls so my lips would be ready for kissing when I get over to America. I was kind of taken aback by that. You take it all in good spirits.
Release: Why should college students come out to see you?
PB: We’re all kind of college student age — well, maybe a little older. It’s a good fun show and a bit of banter. It’s a modern day show. It represents a modern day Ireland. We get on the stage and have fun. I think any student coming to the show would have a good time.
Release: Why do you have such a diverse group structure in terms of age?
PB: We want to represent a large age group. They wanted a group of regular guys. We’re not a boy band in a sense. We’re just five normal guys and we hope we are easy to relate to. There’s a 16-year-old right up to a 40-year-old. We cover a wide spectrum.
Release: What is your favorite type of beer?
PB: I kind of get ridiculed for this answer and I don’t understand it because you guys make it. I like Budweiser.
[/quote]
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://fansofpaulbyrom.webs.com/

Back to top Go down