FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caribbean Cruising

5 posters

Go down

Caribbean Cruising Empty Caribbean Cruising

Post by Mariclare Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Paul joined Ryan Kelly and other acts on the Phil Coulter Cruise in January 2010

If you were on the cruise we'd love to hear all about it! Please share!!

Thank you

Mariclare
Admin

Back to top Go down

Caribbean Cruising Empty Paul on the Tranquility Cruise

Post by emeraldpoet Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:33 pm

I just found this site this morning and since I was on the cruise, I thought I'd post a few comments about having the chance to see Paul in a solo performance outside of CT.
Paul is obviously very comfortable on stage and makes the most of his time in front of the audience. I don't have a set list as these were all new songs, not from CT and not from his previous cruise performances. He had told me earlier that he was staying away from the big tenor songs as they would not fit the venue, but his voice filled the theater anyway. I can tell you that he opened with a rousing rendition of Spanish Lady. His banter between songs was full of the usual Paul craic, but also touching as he explained why he chose each song, or what it meant to him. Phil came on stage at the end of Paul's act and had Paul sing Remember Me, Recurdeme as his encore. It was fantastic.

Later in the week Paul and Ryan did a duo set in the theater. They opened with an Everly Brothers tune and brought down the house and closed with Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkle. They were great together. They each also did some solo tunes and kidded around with each other. Even with the different quality of their voices the harmonies were smooth and perfect. Paul was the ultimate show performer again that night. Just a great show all around.

So that's it for my comments. Guess you just had to be there! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
emeraldpoet
emeraldpoet
Members

http://www.emeralddreamspoetry.com

Back to top Go down

Caribbean Cruising Empty Cruising Paul

Post by babs Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Paul was absolutely in his element as a one man show on the cruise. He was relaxed, charming and oh so funny. I want to do it all over again. I knew Paul was witty, but his comedy between songs was just great. When he said his show was almost over and got a resounding "NO" from the audience, he said, "that wasn't a question". I missed not having more of the big tenor sound but Phil explained he wanted Paul to expand his repetoire of singing abilities.
He and Ryan together, well, I think you can imagine how special that was. They were brilliant together. Oh, to have a DVD of their shows, I would pay more than I should.

babs
Members

Back to top Go down

Caribbean Cruising Empty Re: Caribbean Cruising

Post by Claudi Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:37 am

@emeraldpoet and @babs

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences from the cruise. I can only imagine how special this cruise must have been. I hope I will get the chance to see/hear Paul performing live on stage one day.
Don't hesitate to share more stories from the cruise. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Claudi
Claudi
Members

http://www.celticthunderfans.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariclare Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 pm

I seem to be following Claudi around today LOL - Thank you Emeraldpoet and Babs. Its great to hear that you had such a wonderful time! Like Claudi said, don't held back, we'd love to hear more about the shows!

Mariclare
Admin

Back to top Go down

Caribbean Cruising Empty Cruising with Paul

Post by koolma Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:40 pm

I was also on the cruise, our second year with Phil's group. Paul's solo show was awesome, yet different from what we expected. I know in the past he had done a much more classical show. This year he sang many traditional Irish songs, some familiar, some not. But all were wonderful! His presence on stage is spell-binding. He can joke and play around, then belt out a tune that leaves you wanting MORE! We all wanted more!
When Paul teamed up with Ryan for a show, we wondered how it would go. Well, they were great together. When they started Mrs. Robinson, I thought I would die laughing, considering what the Irish Mrs. Robinson had been up to! So funny!
Paul was very friendly and social on the ship. While fans were considerate and gave him his space, he was always ready with a wave or Hello when he passed by.
Can't wait to hear him singing the Irish songs on tour. I expect we cruisers may have heard some of them already. Wish we had a set list!
Jeanne Very Happy

koolma
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum