FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Thunder Christmas Album

5 posters

Go down

Celtic Thunder Christmas Album Empty Celtic Thunder Christmas Album

Post by DebRay Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:16 am

I just got my copy of the new Celtic Thunder Christmas Album, and thought you might like to know how wonderful it is, especially Paul's songs. "Ava Maria" is indeed a solo by him, and it is simply breathtaking. I've heard this song done by so many performers, but never better than Paul performs it. And, he performs it in Latin. The first time I heard him sing it my eyes were filled with tears because it was simply so beautifully done.

Paul's other solo is one of the bonus tracks that you can get only if you purchase the CD from QVC. It's entitled "Christmas Morning, Donegal" It's a very touching and heartfelt song written by Phil Coulter, and as most of Phil's songs, it tells a wonderful story, and Paul's performance as always is - FANTASTIC! Swoon

The rest of the CD is up to the usual high Celtic Thunder standards of excellence.

I just know I'll get lots of funny looks driving down the road with the windows down in sunny California, blasting my new Celtic Thunder Christmas CD. I should be used to it though, I play Paul's Christmas CD all year round. Very Happy

Last edited by DebRay on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
DebRay
DebRay
Members

Back to top Go down

Celtic Thunder Christmas Album Empty Re: Celtic Thunder Christmas Album

Post by Guest Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:33 am

DebRay... ditto everything you just said except I have the sunroof open driving around Seattle... Rain or Shine. I've listened to the CD 5 times already this evening. Love it! Paul's songs give me shivers of pure delight! Swoon

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:39 pm

I love Paul's Ave Maria, sung in true tenor style by such a Swanky Tenor. Christmas Morning in Donegal is a true Phil Coulter brilliant song and you know it was written for Paul as no one else could sing that song.

I really enjoyed the whole album. Thought Damian sounded so mature and sang Winter Wonderland beautifully.
Not disappointed by anyone.

Am anxious to hear about tomorrow night and what kind of band we will be seeing.

Paul.......... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:48 am

a month before the official release of the CD it is already at 27 on the Billboard 200 Charts, this is from sales at QVC and pre sale numbers on Amazon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NOW if we could just get the darn radio stations to play their songs. The NEVER ending battle. Honestly I HATE radio stations. (I can't say that on the CT site, I don't really hate them, I hate their lack of risk taking. I hate that it is all corporate run now.)
Staci
Staci
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ncctfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Irishpride Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:53 pm

I love the Christmas CD!!! I got mine off of QVC!!! I would like to thank the lads for the great offer!! I love the CD!! It is sooooo good!!!
Irishpride
Irishpride
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Staci
Staci
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ncctfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:27 pm

How cool is that?! Since the magazine mentioned Celtic Thunder I think I'll go check out their other choices of music. I collect Christmas music. I love CT's Christmas CD especially Christmas Morning, Donegal. I envy everyone that has the opportunity to attend one of CT's Christmas concerts. I can't wait for the DVD but it won't be the same as seeing it in person.

Back to top Go down

Post by KinNC Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Wow! That's great. Think one of the editors is a thunderhead?

KinNC
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down