FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song Choices

+35
StephanneMcaleer
shirlthegirl
celticprincess
Hotrocks
Lindy
DebRay
nanawpg
rebekah
patbky
greymom
cindy
LisaM
rileyb
SabrinaR
MJ
Duinne
essie
ctfanjan
CTgirl22AKAJenX
KinNC
Melissa88
koolma
Arianna511
Pattum
jeano
babs
sphynxmom
Faye
emeraldpoet
shamrocks
Claudi
carolizbsbfan
Staci
Mariclare
PaulByrom
39 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Song Choices Empty Song Choices

Post by PaulByrom Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:18 am

Hey all
So I had an idea,
As there seems to be some serious "hard core Byrom Babes" on this forum, I would pick your brains! I always like to hear what fans think and want so therefore I would love to know what songs you would like to hear me record.

Whether it be religious, traditional, classical, pop, theatre or original! All suggestions are welcome and trust me, there is a reason I ask!

Hope you dont mind, and maybe you might even enjoy

Take care my loves,my doves, my eggs

Paul
eyebrows

PaulByrom
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Song Choices Empty Re: Song Choices

Post by Mariclare Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:53 am

WOO HOO!
What a great idea! Thanks for asking us Paul. You've certainly come to the right place here for suggestions. I'm sure I'm not the only one who often hears a song and thinks "Oh I'd love to hear .... sing that".

Hence I don't have to think very long about this, coz there are 2 songs I'd love to hear you sing, and they are both very different :

"Hear My Song" by Josef Locke - dunno why exactly but this one lodged itself in my brain way back when I first heard you sing with Celtic Thunder.

"Captured" by Brian Kennedy.

As I said very different songs, but there's something about each of them that I think would translate well in an arrangement for you.

Ok actualy there's more than 2 but I'll stop here for now. LOL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now I know what's going to be ticking over in my head all day LOL

Thanks again for asking us.

Mariclare
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:27 am

I have thought about this for a long time. Ever since I watched Gosford Park, I thought how fun would it be to actually redo some of those songs from the 20's and 30's. I really can't think of any one song in particular, I know many were written for a Tenor voice. What can I say I watch a lot of classic Television set in that time period. I think it would be fun to hear.

MariClare is going to roll her eyes at me for this request......it is an old song....... Pat Boone sang it.....I was NOT named after this song, for the record I was named after a great grandmother.......

I had to think long and hard on this.....and i remembered one of my favorite songs growing up. IT was when the Movie Anastasia (1956, starring Ingrid Bergman) aired when I was about 8, my dad really liked the theme song.

Anastasia
Tell me who you are
Are you someone
From another star

Anastasia
Are you what you seem
Do your sad eyes
Remember a dream

Why do you tremble
And why do you sigh
Could you be lonely
As lonely as I

Will you remember
When summer has flown
Another world, a world
That is yours alone

Anastasia
Smile away the past
Anastasia
Spring is here at last

Beautiful stranger
Step down from your star
I only know I love you so
Whoever you are

Anastasia, Anastasia

Beautiful stranger
Step down from your star
I only know I love you so
Whoever you are
Staci
Staci
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ncctfan

Back to top Go down

Song Choices Empty Song Choices

Post by carolizbsbfan Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:45 am

Hey Paul. I really like the song "Sad Eyes" by Robert John. I think your take on it might be interesting! You have such a beautiful voice, I think you can handle it.LOL!

carolizbsbfan
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudi Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Paul, this absolutely is the rigth place to ask for song choices!

Well a song that I love for a very long time and which I would love to hear with your voice is "When I Fall in Love, written by Victor Young and Edward Heyman. So far I always loved Nat King Cole's version the most, but arranged for your voice... *sigh*
I know, it's a very popular song, but so beautiful.

Oh and as I see Ryan has his Angels and you do have your "hard core Byrom Babes" now. LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Claudi
Claudi
Members

http://www.celticthunderfans.de

Back to top Go down

Song Choices Empty WOW

Post by shamrocks Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:30 pm

I am thrilled to be a "hard core Byrom Babe" must first mention that~
... and I have a few songs that popped into my head-all religious-
On Eagles Wings
the Our Father
Faith of Our Fathers

This is going to be a fun project! I know there are many more that would suit you. Thanks for allowing us to help and for giving us such sweet music to listen to.
Meg

Last edited by shamrocks on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mispelling)
shamrocks
shamrocks
First Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm

"Byrom's Babes"...LOVE that! I think we're going to need t-shirts that proudly display that title! Smile I've already got 100 design ideas swimming around in my head. Anyone else interested?

~Laura~

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Paul, I would love to hear you sing "Tell Laura I Love Her." It is a beautiful song that tells a tragic story. When I was growing up, my piano tutor, in lieu of saying hello, would sing the title line of that song to me every time I saw her. She and I were very close and eventually sort of became honorary family. Point being, that song has a lot of fond memories tied to it (aside from the obvious reason).

~Laura~

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldpoet Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 pm

Paul,
I was just thinking that there are some great Broadway show tunes out there that need a voice like yours. The one that comes to mind is "The Impossible Dream" from Man of La Mancha.

Have to put my thinking hat on for some more.

Arlene
emeraldpoet
emeraldpoet
Members

http://www.emeralddreamspoetry.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Faye Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:13 am

Paul anything u sing is wonderful, but I would love to hear u sing Dream[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
whenever I want u all I have to do is Dream[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Faye
Faye
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by sphynxmom Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:55 am

Oooh, Faye, Paul and Ryan sang that song, All I Have to do is Dream, on the cruise! It was fantastic! I'd love to hear Paul sing it solo though. The Impossible Dream would be a good one, too.

Don't think I'm crazy, but I'd like to hear Paul sing The Story in Your Eyes by the Moody Blues. I always thought he did such a wonderful job on Nights in White Satin, I'd love to hear his take on this one.

Another song I like for Paul is the theme from Exodus. That's such a beautiful song.

Lastly, I love El Shaddai sung by Amy Grant. Paul could totally put his own spin on that song.

sphynxmom
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 am

Dear Paul, I loved "Bridge Over Toubled Waters" and almost promised to buy if you record it. I was joking and I promise I will buy if if it is on there. You were fantastic in your performances on the cruise alone and with Ryan. I do like the big tenor finishes though, so keep doing them like on "You Raise Me Up".
babs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

babs
Members

Back to top Go down

Song Choices Empty Song suggestions

Post by emeraldpoet Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:16 am

Paul,
After some thought these came to mind.
I'm a Rogers and Hart fan and was thinking that one of these would suit you just fine!

Thou Swell or Isn't It Romantic

Arlene
emeraldpoet
emeraldpoet
Members

http://www.emeralddreamspoetry.com

Back to top Go down

Song Choices Empty Song picks for Paul

Post by Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:29 am

Dear Paul,

Song choices, there are so many songs that would sound gorgeous being sung by you but here are a few that I thought of today. I love the song You'll Never Walk Alone I think it's from Carousel. I know every tenor sings it but I would love to hear you sing Nessun Dorma, it's one of my all time favorite songs. It was my Mom's favorite song, she would have loved Celtic Thunder. Three more suggests are Follow Your Heart, Perhaps Love and When Ever You're In Trouble.

Sweetie I'd be happy hearing you sing the phone book! The lyrics might be boring but you wouldn't be and it would take a long time to get from A ~ Z!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful voice with us.

♥️ Karen

Last edited by KarenB! on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 am

Well, with your Velvet Voice I would love to hear Unchained Melody, also I agree with Arlene on The Impossible Dream, you could really do that one beautifully.
I would love to hear you sing one of your own songs. The only other one that comes to mind now is one you did on the cruise, You Are Wonderful Tonight.

LOVE AND HUGS
Jean
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 am

I'd love to hear you sing "Time in a Bottle". Jim Croce did a great job but I think you could put even more emotion into it.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudi Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:08 pm

I agree with Karen, you could sing the phone book and it would be perfect.
But last night two songs came into my mind, two rather different songs, but I would love to hear them from you.
The first one is "The way you look tonight". That is simply an amazing song. And I think it would be perfect for you.
The other song is a traditional one that I like. It is "The black velvet band".
But I'm really curious about what style of music the songs you have written are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Claudi
Claudi
Members

http://www.celticthunderfans.de

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:48 pm

You said your idol is Pavarotti, what a great choice.

I would love to hear you sing "Ave Maria". Now that would bring down the house or shake the rafters. I think you could do as well as the bid man!

You are bound for the theater, so will find some good songs.

I think someone asked what kind of music are you writing? I am sure anything you write and sing would be wonderful.

Let's face it, we are Byroms Babes and we love everything you sing.

LOVE AND HUGS
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:17 am

Okay, one more time, for now. Gotta give you a background.

Steve Perry and Journey were my favorites in the 80s. Steve Perry was the only other voice that I loved before Paul Byrom blew me away.
The song is "Faithfully" sung by Steve Perry and written by Jonathan Cain, the keyboardist of Journey.
I am sure you can relate to it as you listen to the lyrics and hopefully see this video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You will understand what it is about. They used to call Steve the Rock and Roll Tenor.
Please listen to and watch this video. Thanks,

Faithfully your Byrom Babe, Jean
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:12 am

Georgia On My Mind-Ray Charles
Bali Ha'i-South Pacific
Music of the Night-Phantom
Babe-Styx
Open Arms-Journey
Beyond the Sea-Bobby Darin
Volare-Dean Martin
...more to come...

~Laura~

Back to top Go down

Post by Arianna511 Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:21 am

I agree with Laura on Music of the night. I thought of that the very first time I heard you sing. My second choice would be If ever I would leave you from Camelot. Anything that showcases that incredible voice of yours is fine by me Smile

Arianna511
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:25 am

My DIL, who is not an official fan wants "Ave Maria" also. She will for sure buy your album. I will if "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" is on it. Oh heck, I'll buy it anyway. You don't have accountancy to fall back on and I don't think you can even get a desk job. LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
barbara

babs
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:36 am

Just want to agree with Music of the Night from the Phantom.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by koolma Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:17 am

Paul, all my choices have been taken, but The Impossible Dream is my favorite. Anything you can sing and blow the roof off the place at the end is awesome!!

koolma
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Pattum Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:37 am

If you have a list of choices you like and want to know how many of us agree, The Impossible Dream is one song I think you really must sing. I'd love to know more about what you've written too. I have a feeling that's going to turn out to be another really great Paul Byrom surprise for us Byrom Babes. I'll be back with a few more ideas soon.

Pattum
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next