FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOAL's Haiti Appeal

+4
Paul_Byrom
Faye
shamrocks
Staci
8 posters

Go down

GOAL's Haiti Appeal Empty GOAL's Haiti Appeal

Post by Staci Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 pm

In the aftermath of the massive earthquake which has hit Haiti, GOAL the Irish humanitarian agency, has launched an appeal with the Irish public to alleviate the suffering of some of the survivors.

The agency, which works in neighbouring Honduras, will later today send in a team led by former All-Ireland Offaly hurler, Darren Hanniffy, to assess the seriousness of the situation and to mobilise a response.

Hanniffy, a civil engineer, said today, “From our contacts on the ground in Port-au-Prince we have established that this is a horrific catastrophe which will acquire a major international effort. GOAL will do all it can to ease the suffering of these desperately poor people”.

“On the ground in Port-au-Prince the GOAL operatives will link up with workers from the Irish house building agency, Haven, who have pledged their support”.

GOAL has allocated €250,000 from its emergency fund as an immediate response.

Donations can be sent to GOAL, PO Box 19, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin, Ireland, or by calling +353 1 2809779, or visit GOAL Ireland or GOAL USA
Staci
Staci
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ncctfan

Back to top Go down

GOAL's Haiti Appeal Empty USA Address

Post by shamrocks Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:56 pm

GOAL USA ,
41 Union Square, Suite 1027
New York , NY 10003

Make sure you let them know you are sending this because of your appreciation of Paul!
shamrocks
shamrocks
First Love

Back to top Go down

GOAL's Haiti Appeal Empty Goal

Post by Faye Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:03 am

I sent my donation in. They need all the help they can get. As much or as little as you can afford will help.
Faye
Faye
Members

Back to top Go down

GOAL's Haiti Appeal Empty Re: GOAL's Haiti Appeal

Post by Staci Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:16 pm

GOAL has disclosed that in excess of €500,000 has already been donated by the Irish public to their Haiti appeal.

“Yet another example of the extraordinary generosity of the Irish people” said John O’Shea GOAL’s CEO who added

“Even in uncertain economic times, the Irish can always be depended upon to help those less fortunate than themselves”

GOAL is preparing to start delivering some of the relief goods which have been stored in their warehouse in Port au Prince. A large consignment of supplies is expected to be delivered shortly from the US warship which is berthed in the bay, while the organisation is also primed to accept relief items being trucked in from neighbouring Dominican Republic.

“We are delighted to be up and running – and we naturally are hoping that the imminent deployment of UN peacekeepers will enable the aid effort to operate to its maximum capacity.”

“Regarding the aftershock which hit Haiti midday Saturday, this will render the aid effort even more difficult to implement.

Hopefully the United States military and the United Nations will recognise the terrible plight which is now the lot of the Haitian population”

For further Information contact

John O’Shea

GOAL
01 280 9779
086 852 7427
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

GOAL's Haiti Appeal Empty Goal

Post by Paul_Byrom Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi All
Thank you so much for all your support. Trust me, the money you are donating is going to the right people and the right places.
It is becoming an increasingly difficult world to raise funds in. Many reasons are given for this. However, I feel everyone has something to give. If its not money, its word of mouth. That word should always be "help". Who knows when we should go looking for that word. Lets hope with the like of Goal and many other fantastic relief agencies, "help" will always be at hand!

Keep happy and safe my loves, my doves, my eggs!

Paul
x eyebrows

Paul_Byrom
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Paul,
We are so glad you stopped by! Thank you.
And hopefully we can all work to make sure that the help which is so desperately needed keeps coming in.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://fansofpaulbyrom.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shamrocks Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:03 pm

we are also thrilled that you like your special icon- stay healthy and well!
shamrocks
shamrocks
First Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudi Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Thank you Paul for stopping by. Hopefully we all together can manage to bring help to those who need it.

I'm thrilled too that you like your "eyebrow" icon
Take care!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Claudi
Claudi
Members

http://www.celticthunderfans.de

Back to top Go down

GOAL's Haiti Appeal Empty fundraising ideas!

Post by Staci Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:23 pm

We are thinking up ways to raise funds for Haiti. If anyone has ideas please post them.
Staci
Staci
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariclare Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 pm

I'm working on something [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Original artwork which incorporates the forum logo. I can get them produced here, Oil on canvas. If GOAL is approved as an EBAY charity then we could sell limited editions with 100% profit going to GOAl. We wouldn't even have to handle the money if it is an approved Ebay charity coz they administer it direct. The actual cost of producing the art is pretty low & could be swallowed up in the postage & packaging cost. The pics are not prints but Limited edition, gallery mounted original art....

The producer hasn't agreed for definite yet but if you guys think ppl will buy them then I can do more work on it.... Let me know [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mariclare
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeano Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:27 pm

Sorry to be so slow but my donation is finally on it's way.

Paul, you are an inspiration, how can we not help!!

Actually my husband has already donated to Red Cross and Salvation Army. We live in an area that has seen fires and hurricanes and have seen first hand some of the devastation disasters have caused.

May God bless all the volunteers and people spreading the word to help the people of Haiti.

Paul, do you remember on the cruise when the Captain told us we were going past Haiti and you could see a part of it. Made me feel bad for enjoying all the decadance we had.

LOVE AND HUGS
jeano
jeano
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum