FansofPaulByrom_Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Thunder : The Show and Act 2

+3
Jojo
Faye
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Celtic Thunder : The Show  and Act 2 Empty Celtic Thunder : The Show and Act 2

Post by Admin Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:10 pm

Our first exposure to the musical phenomenon which swept North America, and has since just kept getting bigger and bigger.

When did you see or hear CelticThunder first?
Which of the tracks that Paul sings is your favourite?

Share your thoughts here
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://fansofpaulbyrom.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Celtic Thunder : The Show  and Act 2 Empty Re: Celtic Thunder : The Show and Act 2

Post by Faye Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:26 am

I first heard Celtic Thunder June 08 on the second promo tour. I was flipping thru channels and heard one of my fav songs Desperado sung by one of the most wonderful voices [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I had ever heard, until I heard Paul. My fav song of his on the 1st DVD was She [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] That started me on this wild and wonderful ride My all time fav song of Paul's is You Raise Me up he puts every body else to shame that has ever sung it[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'm a Thunderhead for life [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Faye
Faye
Members

Back to top Go down

Celtic Thunder : The Show  and Act 2 Empty Re: Celtic Thunder : The Show and Act 2

Post by Jojo Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:20 am

March 2008 while flipping channels one evening, watching TV with my husband... we happened to turn it on right in the middle of Heartland and I asked if we could keep watching it... typically, my music preferences do not always match up with Hubby's. Smile But he liked Heartland so he was alright with it... I honestly got a little worried when Paul started singing Love Thee Dearest... I liked it a lot, but it was definitely outside of any genre I'd make my husband sit through. lol But I was pleasantly surprised!!!

Anyway... I think "She" is still my favorite song... it was such a nice ending to the whole storyline and he just made me want to give him a big hug and comfort the poor man. I still love it and miss it...
Jojo
Jojo
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariclare Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:37 am

For me it was March 2008 also. Someone posted a link to the St Patrick's Day parade on a forum I sometimes look at. From there I found the pub but just watched it for a few weeks without registering coz I couldn't build up the confidence to post & it seemed to move so quickly I could barely keep up with the convo [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And then the full forum opened so I took the plunge. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] (Tho it still took a few weeks before I'd chat in the pub even then [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

My favourite Paul song is Remember Me Recuerdame. I love that song.... But You Raise me Up is giving it a good run for its money.

And I would love to hear him sing the Josef Locke classic "Hear My Song" coz that too would be pure class!

Mariclare
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KinNC Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:25 pm

March '08 for us, too (that's me and my daughter). When it came on, Sarah was inthralled and wanted to tape it. She almost begged (she doesn't beg) for tickets for her 16th birthday... and her daddy complied.

He had no idea what he was getting himself into.

KinNC
Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Staci Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:34 pm

News from Damian is that the Show DVD Went Platinum and I am guessing the show and Act 2 CDs went Gold. (he wasn't really clear)
Staci
Staci
Admin

https://www.facebook.com/ncctfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Claudi Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:05 pm

Congratulations to everyone from Celtic Thunder to that amazing success! I am proud to be a Thunderhead!
Would love to have such a Gold or Platinum CD on my wall, but I 'm unfortunately totally untalented.... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Claudi
Claudi
Members

http://www.celticthunderfans.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down